Your proposal is to cede that 30 of the capital of UNV to investment funds. What is the interest of your offer
We are stable long-term shareholders who have no desire to sell the company. UNV has a very positive Outlook, with a strong presence in a market where margins are higher. It has a strong potential to improve after a restructuring that could be more ambitious. One of the consequences of the debate that we have launched is that UNV management reviews regularly rising to carry out restructuring. Little by little, the savings approaching the 300 million euros that we identified. It is one of the reasons for which we want to keep our titles. If you take account of these economies, UNV is quite overvalued as claims management.
Who would be interested in these 30
The problem is that UNV has been signing all companies of "private equity" traditional agreements of confidentiality with a clause preventing study any operation which would not cover the whole of the capital of the group. Fifteen largest companies of this type were therefore put offside by Council of UNV. But in our round table, we have partners and associates. And if necessary, we ourselves takers, because the operation does not claiming EUR 2 billion.
That reproach you in the direction of UNV
UNV is a healthy group, but the Board of Directors put him in an impossible position by seeking to sell it. Having received an offer, even if it is not interesting, Branch continued in this way without exploring alternative, also ceasing to look for a new President, which amounts to a status of blackmail for shareholders. It is scandalous and aberrant for a publicly traded company. This feeling is shared by the other shareholders.
Precisely, what amount of capital brings together your 'counteroffer
We have made the round of all institutional shareholders early in the week, 70 of the capital, and not one had intended to vote for the proposal of the Directorate in the General Assembly. The rest of the shareholders as "hedge funds" investing in the short term by arbitration on the OPA.
Specifically, will what measures you take if you succeed
First we will reconstitute the Board of Directors because shareholders no longer have no confidence in the current direction. We also began research to find a new President and candidates have already expressed their intention to accept this position. Then, the offer of the 30 of the capital will be done quickly. The company will therefore be able to restart, with possibly a new name perhaps Nielsen.
Is the assignment of the pole of press the order of the day
Yes, in our strategic plan, we plan to give the professional journals and the Organization of fairs and Congress activity.
How you analyze the report of the AG decided by UNV within a week of her dress
It is to recognize that this House would have been a failure for the leadership if it had occurred. The leaders would not have received clearance, remaining personally liable for their actions.
What are you going to say to the shareholders meeting Tuesday next extraordinary general meeting
I have not yet decided because the decision of UNV date yesterday. It is clear that we will defend our plan if it is attacked by the Directorate. But what will be said by UNV was already heard by all.
Do you think that former Chairman Rob van der Bergh is responsible for this crisis
No, it is a collective responsibility. Mr. van der Bergh would not have been able to act without the support of its Board. The big companies in Holland have always worked in this way with the old mentality where shareholders are to receive dividends. Otherwise, they have to sell their securities.